Rotary World Peace Conference 2017
Promoting peace is more than just ending armed conflicts. To truly bring about peace, we must address the underlying issues including:
- Poverty, hunger and health
- Violence prevention
- Role of faith-based organizations
- The role of media in peace-making
- Preserving basic human rights
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Involving Youth in Peace & Conflict Resolution
The Conference is open to the public. Saturday programming in particular will encourage youth involvement. Rotarians outside of our area, foundations, faith-based organizations, universities, and other peace organizations are also invited to attend.
At the completion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe the development of peace studies as an academic discipline.
- Identify the role of the media, faith-based communities and Rotary clubs in strategic peace building.
- Recognize those factors that put peace at risk such as poverty, hunger and other violations of human rights.
- Develop strategies to take action that foster peace in their communities.
- Create opportunities for training and experience that help youth better understand their role in
peacemaking and conflict resolution.
The fee for the 2-day conference is $150, which includes lunches both days.
Register online here or Call 734.764.2000.