What does peace mean to you?
For Stomp Out Bullying (TN) it means:
Standing Up Against Hate, Racism And Discrimination.
Changing The Culture With Inclusion, Equality, Civility And Unity Becomes Our Destiny. #thisispeace
What is Stomp Out Bullying (TM) all about?
There should be no place for bullying in our schools and communities. Stomp Out Bullying is the leading national nonprofit dedicated to changing the culture for all students by promoting civility, inclusion and equality. It teaches effective solutions on how to respond to all forms of bullying, as well as educating kids and teens in school and online. It also provides help for those in need and at risk of suicide, and raises awareness through peer mentoring programs in schools, public service announcements by noted celebrities, and social media campaigns.
Where it all started.
In 2005, founder and CEO Ross Ellis recognized a critical need to address the issue of bullying and cyberbullying. She has been a child advocate for more than two decades and educates on reducing and preventing bullying, cyberbullying, and other digital abuse, educating against homophobia, racism and hatred, and deterring violence in schools, online and in communities across the country.
Making a difference – what does peace look like to you?
Stomp Out Bullying has made a significant impact to change our culture for the better, including:
- Helping over 5 million students resolve Bullying and Cyberbullying situations
- Assisting over 100,000 students and saving over 2,000 lives through the STOMP Out Bullying HelpChat Line
- Working with over 15,000 school partners to raise awareness, educate students and change the culture in schools across the country
With a passion and commitment to help all youths in need, Stomp Out Bullying is recognized as the pioneer and most influential anti-bullying and cyberbullying organization in America and beyond. This is what peace looks like.
Anyone can be a part of it.
- There are so many ways to help this important cause.
- Take action – stand up for others who are being bullied or cyberbullie
- Participate – in campaigns like National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month and No Matter
- Volunteer – on the HelpChat Line or in Peer Mentoring Groups in schools
- Spread the word – join Stomp Out Bullying social networking communities
- Be a partner – Through corporate, media and celebrity collaborations
- Donate – help educate, raise awareness and support at-risk teens
How you can make an impact.
If you or someone you know needs help, visit https://www.stompoutbullying.org/get-help/ to access all the resources Stomp Out Bullying has to offer. We also encourage you to read the Stomp Out Bullying manifesto to see how much they truly make a difference and how they capture and share what peace means to them…. #thisispeace.
Stomp Out Bullying Manifesto
We have always been an organization for kindness. The types of problems we tackle may have changed over the past decade,But our passion has never wavered. Ours is a higher purpose. We work so that youth may stand tall and be respected. With our help, youth are kinder. Schools are more inclusive. Communities have more equality. Society has more unity. So that, a culture of cruelty canbecome a culture of civility. So we devote ourselves to breaking down barriers, we give voice to the voiceless. We give belonging to those feeling left out. We welcome diversity and inclusivity. We work shoulder to shoulder in unity. We empower the fearful to be fearless in this pursuit. And together we will find the answers, to change the culture, for good.